Sunday, November 20, 2005

Energize This! A submission from Snakes


November 20, 2005


Dear Energizer,

I was lying in bed with Captain Handsome on a crisp, November, hung-over Sunday, when I started reminiscing about my childhood days growing up in the small town of Millersville, MD. Now having just moved into my closet-sized wannabe of an apartment in New York City; it is scarcely decorated to say the least. While lazily lying on the one piece of furniture in my room that is my bed and staring at my boring, cracked white ceiling, Captain Handsome suggested that I add some excitement to my room by sticking some of those glow in the dark stars that ‘we all’ used to plaster to our ceilings when we were growing up. Now of course for me, being the near sighted contact lens prescription 6.25 wearer that I am, this brought back sad memories of the blurry nights when I had removed my lenses to soak in saline for the night and had to feel my way blindly to my bed. I was always jealous of the kids with 20-20 vision who could dreamily gaze up at those bright stars, drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

However, present day here in my bed in New York City, I finally realized a way that these sad memories can still have a happy ending. Nothing would make me happier than a big, bright, pink Energizer Bunny stuck to my ceiling here in my apartment in the big apple. If I could only fall happily off into a dreamy sleep gazing at the fluff ball pounding away diligently at his drums throughout the night.

So please, Energizer… make me a big ceiling sticker of the cute little Energizer drummer. Help make my sad Millersville memories a shining triumph.

I thank you in advance for your consideration, and look happily forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Julie “Honeysnakes” Hofmann

P.S. I also use your batteries

Editors Note: This is an actual letter that Snakes sent to Energizer via the comment section of their website. We will keep you posted on the response from Energizer. We are all very excited over here at Captainhandsome.blogspot.com. Hope she gets it! - CH

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what exactly are you using those batteries on that has you wanting to dream of energizer bunnies? bzzzz bzzzz bzzzz

Tue Nov 22, 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Don't feel sorry for yourself, Snakes... those kids who pasted the glow-in-the-dark stars on their bedroom ceilings were the ones who couldn't stay out late enough to gaze at the real stars...

I'll bet those same kids were wishing THEY had something to soak in saline overnight! I know I did. "Saline envy" was one of my biggest problems growing up. That and an insatiable desire to commit multiple homicide. What I wouldn't have given to go on a Tri-State Killing Spree! If I could have soaked the severed heads in saline overnight, it would have meant worlds to me. Complete and utter bliss!

So, don't feel bad at all. At least you had saline solution when you were growing up!!! I would have KILLED for saline solution!

Chris

Sun Dec 04, 02:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counter
Captian's Cats are Watching