Thursday, November 10, 2005

MUSIC REVIEW: Genesis



British. Balding. Drummer. Genious. Frontman! Phil Collins is back. Back in a big fucken way. As covered in a stirring piece on NY1, Phil Collins stated that a Genesis reunion is a strong possibility. Hold the goddamn presses. You mean I might be able to see Land of Confusion live and in concert! Mr. Collins happens to be one of the Captain's biggest influences. Do you know how many bitches I've pulled with a little splash of Genesis. Groovy Kind of Love. Say no more. I won't. Back to the announcement....Phil stated that the only thing that would keep the reunion from happening would be scheduling problems. Scheduling problems? What in gods ass could hold back this concert? Is the Newark, NJ convention center already booked? Are the members of the band busy with side projects? I don't know if Phil can pass up his usual drumming with the choir at St. Bethel's Derbeshire Chapel on odd Sundays. Maybe they are holding out for the big venue's. Madison Square Garden? Ha Ha, can you imagine the group playing a reunion show at the Garden? Anyhow, stop laughing cause its time for the list of Genesis's top 10 songs:

10. In too Deep
9. Another Day in Paradise
8. Follow You Follow Me
7. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
6. Throwing it all Away
5. Easy Lover
4. Thats All
3. Jesus He Knows Me
2. Sussudio1
1. Invisible Touch
(not Invisible Sun....as Scampy Powers would sing)
1 Sussudio Added for Jersey Carl.....that song does kick major ass
Do yourself a favor and listen to some of this stuff. It is the best music ever made. Stay tuned for all your GENESIS REUNION '06 Announcements and information. I will keep you posted.
Footnote: If this article was a bit confusing as to if I really like the band or not I offer some answers. Genesis was my favorite band when I was a child. Invisible Touch was my first ever record album. I loved their music and they helped shape me into the ballad loving loser that I am today. It inspired my first song writing experience "Baby Came Down to Earth" which was loosly based on the Genesis song structure. So in short, I love the music but know it is total garbage. It did help shape me into the Captain Handsome you know and love today but if I had my way I would have listened to more Motley Crew and became Captain Kick Ass! - CH

2 Comments:

Blogger stantonandorchard said...

handsome's favorite genesis song is invisible touch, but he's not into kid touching as that sounds.

by the way, wasn't sue sue sulio a genesis song? that song kicks arse

Fri Nov 11, 07:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a witness to a live rendition of "Baby Came Down to Earth," I can attest to the parallels in Collins songwriting and that of Capt. handsome. Thank you Genesis and thank you captain for keeping the spirit alive.

Wed Nov 16, 06:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counter
Captian's Cats are Watching