Thursday, December 08, 2005

Handsome's Walkin Song of the Week: Neil Goes To Astoria


So lately I have been listening to music while cruising around the apple. I know it doesn't sound revolutionary or anything but to me it is. There is nothing better than cruising down the street listening to a great mix of music. Anyhow, this was one of my first great moments. Every week I seem to have one, so I will continually post my padestrial soundtrack.

Location: Walking down Hoyt Ave. in Astora, Queens.
Setting: Cold as balls around 10 pm December 1st, 2005
Mindset: Cronotonned

I had just left my friends house and was in a particularly jovial mood. The two blizzaz that we took to the head definatly had something to do with it. So I was walking back down Hoyt Ave. towards the Ditmars Ave. Subway stop. It is a particularly hard walk when you are all cronotonned up becaue you have to walk down this long long avenue and can see the subway stop many blocks ahead of you. At this time of night, if you miss the train you know what is instore. Freezing your blocks off on the windy ass elevated subway platform for about 25 minutes. So usually I am walking fast as shit, sweating bullets that I will see the goddamned train flying by. It really is a bad feeling. Anyhow, this particlar night I was cruizing at my particular hurried gait when the song hit. "Don't Cry No Tears" by Neil Young. I had always been a fan but Scampy helped me dust this one off a few weeks earlier. I had a mix of 1,000 songs or so on and this one came on at this moment. Walking down Hoyt avenue I felt my pace slow, my mood peak, and a small smirk found its way onto Capt. Handsome's Face. Don't Cry... was the perfect song for the moment. I really took in the Triboro Bridge running next to me. The burned out car on the side of the road. The scary latino guy about to cross to my side of the street. It was really a great feeling of comforty and cronoliscious relaxation. The second the song ended I saw the train pulling up to the station about 4 blocks away. I didn't even care and ended up on that goddamn platform for the allotted 20 minutes. Somehow I didn't care. It wasn't that bad. So I missed my train.....Don't Cry No Tears Around Me.


LYRICS "Don't Cry No Tears"
-Neil Young and CRAZY HORSE
Album: Zuma
Don't cry no tears around me
Don't cry no tears around me
'Cause when all the water's gone
The feeling lingers on
Old true love
ain't too hard to see
Don't cry no tears around me
=====================
Well I wonder
who's with her tonight?
And I wonder
who's holding her tight?
But there's nothing I can say
To make him go away
Old true love
ain't too hard to see
Don't cry no tears around me
=====================
There's nothing I can say
To make him go away
Old true love
ain't too hard to see
Don't cry no tears around me
Don't cry no tears around me
=====================<
---now go have a listen bitches

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your style Captain. Heavy Neil, crunch Neil, no pure Neil Young here. Do you agree this whole disc was made to be heard painfully loud? Add in cronotonage and winter bite and you are right on--perfect setting. Good call Captain. I hope to hear more.

if I may: Man of Peace(Infidels), Dylan

Thu Dec 08, 06:19:00 PM  
Blogger Captain Handsome said...

Great to hear back from Gordo of the West Coast San Fran Tribe. Not to be confused with the Hippy Crap Rainbow Tribe. "I got 4 cents and can feed 100 mouhts" Shut the fuck up and go hoolahoop. Anyhow Gordo ain't one of those. Gordo is the real deal.

Anyhow, I though you might agree on the song selection. I love how it is such a somber song but it rocks ass when you turn it up. I guess that is how it is with all Neil and Crazy Horse. Remember those days in South View, rockin out with powers, and pirate pants webster. We loved that shit. Movies, DVD'd the whole works. 1/8th and some neil young and we would wase off an evening like a hooker in a thai cock bar. Neil seems to come best served in the winter. I guess that is cause he he lives in those cold ass states in the north pacific.

You will definitely like my next song moment. It is one that you can heavily relate to and one i hadn't heard in about 3 years. I downloaded it and put it on a shuffle. Damn did I have a moment. I think my balls even grew. anyhow, keep your eyes out.

Thanks for the recommendation on the dylan tune. I will give it a download. How did you hear of a dylan tune? Did the dead cover it or something??? Ok, low blow. Just kiddin. I'll get back to you on it. Good hearin from you.
-Captian Handsome

Fri Dec 09, 01:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the back, Captain. You'll find no Rainbow Tribe near me. Although I'll have to admit jealousy of being spaced beyond function, everyday. The annual solstice meeting , or some such sacrificial ceremony, is the most common selling point I have recieved. Very awkward folks, much like the Chinese Jahovah's witnesses.

South View, check with a smile. Our commitment to the perfected sesh never wavered. A real team effort.

I deserve that, but I have curbed the tape habit. I reckon they did actually cover the tune, but I've never heard it. You know, of course, the shared summer 87 tour.

and found:
www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=16445

guess this doesn't sell my case very well. Thanks for the idea, Captain

Sun Dec 11, 01:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update: two good solos, but predictably sloppy start and even worse end. probably out of tune too.

Sun Dec 11, 02:06:00 PM  
Blogger Captain Handsome said...

Gordo you are the man! I expected you would live up to your rep. I thought it must be out there somewhere. Good hoo ha!

Sun Dec 11, 03:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counter
Captian's Cats are Watching